The Ketogenic Diet
The Ketogenic diet has become the most talked about nutrition trend in 2017 and there's no signs of it slowing down for 2018. There are many benefits and many more side effects and nutritional considerations. The diet has been linked to better diabetic control, weight loss, mental health, digestive health, sports nutrition, increased energy and focus as well as many other health benefits. With all these benefits it's easy to understand why this trend is only gaining speed and momentum.
This course is designed to help Dietitians better understand and to empower them to better support their clients and patients in making this choice. This Course takes the years of experience and success that my clients have had with this diet and shares with you the limitations and benefits of this diet compared to other diets while examining these benefits through research. Most importantly this webinar teaches you how to safely transition someone out of the diet to manage and safely prevent refeeding syndrome and Diabetic Ketoacidosis. So join me in class to empower your confidence to best help and support your clients and patients in making this very dramatic but promising change. This is what you can expect to get:
• A thorough understanding of the 5 types of Keto
• How to best use the 5 types of Keto for your clients
• How to prevent major side effects like Refeeding Syndrome and Diabetic Ketoacidosis
• Practical guides and original protocols used by ESN Sports Dietitians to create sustainable weight loss
• Counselling strategies to prevent false food beliefs and disordered eating
• How to best educate someone on healthy eating while they're on Keto
• Sports Nutrition for Keto to preserve Lean Muscle Mass
• Pathophysiology of Keto
• Much more!