- The ESN Learning Center Vegetarian/ Vegan Sports Nutrition Course
The ESN Learning Center Vegetarian/ Vegan Sports Nutrition Course
Welcome to the secondESN Learning Center course for the Healthy and Active living populations!
This course aims to address the nutritional complications between the Vegetarian and Vegan diets to ensure that you are making the best nutritional choices to best support your lifestyle! This course is designed by Vegetarian Sports Dietitians themselves that work with Elite, Professional, Olympic athletes to help them get their sport, nutrition and health performing optimally. Now you can get the same advice in a comprehensive format delivered in a series of modules and lectures online for you to complete at your leisure! These courses focus on the newest cutting edge research and the strategies that our expert Vegetarian Sports Dietitians; Emilie, Stephanie and Ben provide and follow themselves!
In this original ESN Leaning Center Course you can learn about the following topics in their modules:
- Sports Nutrition for Vegetarians/ Vegans - Learn the essentials of sports nutrition, energy calculations and how to properly fuel your workouts to get the most out of them. This module will teach you about nutrient and meal timing and what types of foods to choose to best support your nutritional and athletic goals.
- Macronutrient Considerations for Vegetarians/ Vegans -This module discusses the essentials that Vegetarians and Vegans need to best plan their meals and their nutritional intake. This module discusses strategies to best increase protein absorption and planning to meet essential amino acid requirements, how to choose the best sources of vegetarian fats and carbohydrate sources that provide the most micronutrients.
- Micronutrient Considerations for Vegetarians/ Vegans - Micronutrients are essential in making the most of energy metabolism and preventing long term health issues like anemia and osteoporosis that affect vegetarians. This modules discusses food choices to best meet these requirements.
- Supplements for Vegetarians/ Vegans -Sometimes food choices aren’t nearly enough to meet the nutritional requirements for those that are physically active. This module discusses the supplements and sports supplements that would best benefit a vegetarian and vegans’ physical activity as well as their daily lifestyle. It also gives you a guide on how to spot bogus supplement claims as well as pick supplements that are not only high quality but safe for sports performance that are WADA and IOC compliant.
- Optimizing the Vegetarian Body Composition - Burning fat and building muscle isn’t easy but we certainly make the nutritional choices that support your training easier to achieve this. Building muscle and burning fat is definitely possible however it requires some specific changes in your food choices, you’ll get to learn how to optimize those choices in this module
- Meal Planning for Vegetarians/ Vegans - One of the biggest challenges to eating healthy is a lack of time and consistency. Thanks to this module those barriers are going to be a breeze! We share our own tips and tricks about how we, as Sports Dietitians, save time and eat healthy so that we can train and counsel our clients to help them make the healthiest vegetarian and vegan choices possible
In these modules you can expect to learn about how to properly calculate your energy requirements, how to adjust your macronutrients to burn fat and build muscle, address micronutrient needs with foods & supplements to optimize your health & energy and how to effectively plan healthy meals! This course also shares some of our favourite recipes and life hacks to make sure you can get a healthy vegetarian meal if you're strapped on time. This course also has optional quizzies to make sure that you fully understand all the nutritional and exercise science that comes with our modules that are also designed to be delivered in an easy to understand way to make it accessible for everyone trying to live a healthier and more active life, without animal proteins.
DISCLAIMER: This course is meant to better guide your decision Vegetarian and Vegan lifestyle. It is not meant to replace the personalized professional nutritional advice that a Sports Dietitian can provide. We strongly encourage you to reach out to medical professionals if you run into any complications with your health.
*Must have Active Google Account to Access Course Materials and Modules